PTF Named a Top 10 Nonprofit to Work For Once Again!

News, Blog | 04/03/2023

Twice as nice, The Pat Tillman Foundation was selected as a Top 10 Nonprofit to Work For for the second year in a row by the Nonprofit Times! As the leading national business publication for nonprofit managers, The Nonprofit Times partnered with the Best Companies Group to identify exemplary organizations whose missions drive impact and leaders have excelled in creating quality workplaces.

To sweeten the deal, we have moved up the list this year to come in as #7 on their list of 50 organizations, as well as being the smallest organization in the top 25! We are thrilled and humbled to have earned this distinction and dedicate the honor to our hardworking staff.

“We have seen tremendous growth in this past year. Adding 11 new employees in 2022, we have remained dedicated to honoring the culture that we have built on the foundation of transparency, ambition and accountability.” said Dan Futrell, CEO and 2011 Tillman Scholar. “As we look to further our mission of uniting and empowering our more than 800 remarkable Tillman Scholars, we are cognizant of the need for a ‘people first’ workplace.”

The Nonprofit Times used a two-part survey process to determine Best Nonprofits to Work For, with 20% evaluating each nominated organization’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics and the remaining 80% based on employee feedback. Shifting to a stronger emphasis on employee feedback from the previous year.

The employee survey administered and analyzed by Best Companies Group consisted of nearly 80 questions on 8 topics. With consideration to topics of leadership and planning, corporate culture and communications, role satisfaction, work environment, relationship with supervisor, training development and resources, pay and benefits and overall engagement; the combined scores determined the top nonprofits and final ranking. 

“This is a big deal for everyone at PTF and is truly a team effort,” said Sabrina Perales, director of operations. “We have the mentality that culture is not owned by one person or department, so we thank every individual for the work they put into making PTF a great place to work.”

For more information on The Nonprofit Times’ Best Nonprofits to Work For program, visit