Pat Tillman Foundation Named a Top 10 2022 Best Nonprofits to Work For

Featured Media, Press Releases, Blog | 04/04/2022

We at the Pat Tillman Foundation are thrilled to announce we have been selected as one of the top 10 2022 Best Nonprofits to Work For by The NonProfit Times! This honor comes from the leading national business publication for nonprofit managers, partnered with Best Companies Group to identify nonprofit organizations where leaders have excelled in creating quality workplaces.

Coming in at #8 on their list of 50 organizations, we could not be more proud of the hard work of our staff to earn this distinction.

“It’s an honor for the Pat Tillman Foundation to be named as one of the top 10 nonprofits to work for in the country,” said Dan Futrell, CEO and 2011 Tillman Scholar. “We are building a culture high on feedback, ambition, and accountability and it’s exciting to know that our staff believes in who we want to be. We’re invested in building better leaders, and that begins with our team.”

Sabrina Perales, director of operations, agrees. “As the pandemic began, we invested in flexibility and in bringing the voices of our staff to the forefront,” she said. “Through the advice of our Culture Working Group and the hard work of staff across our organization, we’ve developed a culture of open feedback, authenticity, and caring that’s made PTF into a great place to work, and it’s gratifying to see this recognized by the Nonprofit Times.”

The Nonprofit Times used a two-part survey process to determine Best Nonprofits to Work For, with 25% evaluating each nominated organization’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics and the remaining 75% based on employee feedback. The combined scores determined the top nonprofits and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey process, analyzed the data, and determined the ranking.

For more information on The Nonprofit Times’ Best Nonprofits to Work For program, visit