Return of A Football Life and The Timeline to NFL Network Highlight 25 NFL Films Documentaries for 2016
13-Episode ‘A Football Life’ Season Airs Fridays at 9:00 PM ET on NFL Network Subjects Include Jim Brown, Brett Favre, Michael Vick, Pat Tillman & More
Expanded 10-Episode Season of ‘The Timeline’ Airs Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET on NFL Network
For the 2016 NFL season, NFL Films – the most honored filmmaker in sports – presents 25 documentaries that will air on NFL Network, highlighted by the anticipated returns of two Emmy-nominated series A Football Life and The Timeline.
The sixth season of the highly-acclaimed series A Football Life premieres Friday, September 16 at 9:00 PM ET with a profile of Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Curtis Martin. The second season of the successful series The Timeline airs Wednesdays at 8 :00 PM ET beginning September 14 with Last Day in LA, chronicling the last time football was played in Los Angeles in 1994. On Friday, September 9 at 8:00 PM ET, The Timeline airs at a special time with 9/11, which examines how the NFL reacted to the crisis of September 11, 2001.
Each episode of A Football Life and The Timeline – as well as all NFL Network programming – is streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile) and via Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile and Watch NFL Network apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360(NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV and Playstation 4).
A Football Life
A Football Life airs Fridays at 9:00 PM ET on NFL Network throughout the 2016 NFL season with 13 new episodes. Produced by NFL Films, A Football Life continues to examine the iconic individuals and subjects that have had an undeniable and profound impact on the history of the National Football League, offering an inside look into their untold stories.
Among the subjects profiled this season on A Football Life in addition to Curtis Martin are:
- Super Bowl champion safetyRodney Harrison
- Former Pro Bowl wide receiverChad Johnson
- Hall of Fame quarterbackSteve Young
- The latePat Tillman
- Hall of Fame quarterbackBrett Favre
- Former Pro Bowl quarterbackMichael Vick
- Hall of Fame running backJim Brown
- Baltimore Ravens wide receiverSteve Smith Sr.
- Hall of Fame quarterbackTroy Aikman
- Former Pro Bowl defensive backCharles Woodson
- Hall of Fame linebackerKevin Greene
- Hall of Fame head coachChuck Noll
Emmy-nominated actor from CBS’ The Good Wife, Josh Charles, returns as narrator of the series.
On Saturday, September 3, a special preview of the upcoming season of A Football Life will air on CBS at 8:00 PM ET with a profile of newly enshrined Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre.
Below is a broadcast schedule for the September and October episodes of A Football Life:
- September 16– Curtis Martin
- September 23– Rodney Harrison
- September 30– Chad Johnson
- October 7– Steve Young
- October 21– Brett Favre
- October 28– Pat Tillman
The expanded, 10-episode season of the ground-breaking series The Timeline airs Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET on NFL Network throughout the 2016 NFL season with hour-long episodes chronicling seminal moments that formed the NFL’s storied past, shape the present and, in some cases, set the stage for the future.
On Friday, September 9 at 8:00 PM ET, The Timeline airs at a special time with 9/11, which examines how the NFL reacted to the crisis of September 11, 2001.
Among the subjects featured this season are on The Timeline:
- 9/11 (Friday, September 9 at 8:00 PM ET) – The inside story of how the NFL reacted to the crisis of September 11, 2001
- Last Day in LA (Wednesday, September 14 at 8:00 PM ET) – Exploring the complex history of football in Los Angeles through the lens of Christmas Eve 1994
- Rebirth in New Orleans (Wednesday, September 21 at 8:00 PM ET) – The story of the recovery and grand re-opening of the New Orleans Superdome post-Hurricane Katrina
- Night of the Living Steelers (Wednesday, September 28 at 8:00 PM ET) – Legendary zombie filmmaker George A. Romerorevisits Pittsburgh and members of the 1970s Super Bowl Steelers
- Peyton Manning’s Summer School (Wednesday, October 12 at 8:00 PM ET) – The story of how Peyton Manning prepared for his record-setting 2013 season with exclusive, never before seen access of Manning that spring and summer
- 0 and 26 (Wednesday, November 23 at 8:00 PM ET) – The story of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and their inspired march to a first win that became as satisfying as any the league has ever seen
- There’s Only One America’s Team (Wednesday, November 30 at 8:00 PM ET) – In 1978, NFL Films dubbed the Dallas Cowboys as “America’s Team.” Ever since, no team has become more loved, and possibly more hated
- 1984 Comeback (Wednesday, December 7 at 8:00 PM ET) – An exploration of what 1980’s “cool” really was and how a team – the Miami Dolphins – came to define the style and substance of the league for years to come
- Lombardi’s Redskins (Wednesday, December 14 at 8:00 PM ET) – The story of Vince Lombardi’s one year of coaching in the nation’s capital
- The Fog Bowl (Wednesday, December 21 at 8:00 PM ET) – Exploring the 1988 NFC Divisional Round Game between the Philadelphia Eagles and Chicago Bears
On Sunday, August 28, The Timeline episode Peyton Manning’s Summer School airs on NBC at 7:00 PM ET prior to the preseason game between the Cincinnati Bengals and Jacksonville Jaguars, providing a preview of the upcoming season.
ABOUT NFL MEDIA
NFL Media is comprised of NFL Network, NFL Films, NFL.com, NFL Now, NFL Mobile from Verizon and NFL RedZone.
Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, fans turn to NFL Network to receive information and insight straight from the field, team headquarters, league offices and everywhere the NFL is making news. Launched in 2003, NFL Network gives fans unprecedented year-round inside access to all NFL events, including the Super Bowl, Playoffs, regular season, preseason, Pro Bowl, Pro Football Hall of Fame induction weekend, NFL Draft, NFL Scouting Combine, Senior Bowl, league meetings, mini camps and training camps.
For fans on the go, all NFL Network programming can also be streamed live on the NFL Mobile from Verizon app (NFL.com/mobile) and via Watch NFL Network on tablet (NFL Mobile and Watch NFL Network apps), PC (NFL.com/watch), Xbox One and Xbox 360(NFL on Xbox app) and other connected TV devices (NFL app on Apple TV and Playstation 4). Watch NFL Network access is available for NFL Network subscribers of participating TV providers. For more information, go to NFL.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.
NFL content has never been more popular across the media landscape. According to the Nielsen Company, 199 million people tuned into the 2015 NFL regular season representing 78 percent of all television homes and 67 percent of potential viewers in the U.S. NFL games accounted for the top 25 and 46 of the 50 most-watched TV shows among all programming in 2015.
ABOUT THE PAT TILLMAN FOUNDATION
In 2002, Pat Tillman proudly put his NFL career with the Arizona Cardinals on hold to serve his country. Family and friends established the Pat Tillman Foundation following Pat’s death in April 2004 while serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment in Afghanistan. Created to honor Pat’s legacy of leadership and service, the Pat Tillman Foundation invests in military veterans and their spouses through academic scholarships–building a diverse community of leaders committed to service to others. For more information on the Pat Tillman Foundation and the impact of the Tillman Scholars, visit www.PatTillmanFoundation.org.
– NFL MEDIA –
Ever since she was a young girl, Sgt. Elizabeth Marks has idolized her father, a Vietnam War veteran whose valor and service inspired her to enlist in the U.S. Army when she was 17 years old. But when Marks suffered a debilitating injury to both of her hips while deployed as a combat medic in […]Read More
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Michelle McCarthy Director, Brand and Communications (773) 598-4215, email@example.com Follow us on Twitter: @PatTillmanFnd 2016 TILLMAN SCHOLARS ANNOUNCED Pat Tillman Foundation Invests Over $1.8 Million in Academic Scholarships to Empower Newest Class of Military Veterans and Spouses Chicago, IL (June 8, 2016) – Today, Marie Tillman, President and Co-Founder of the Pat […]Read More
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Michelle McCarthy Director, Brand and Communications (773) 598-4215, firstname.lastname@example.org Follow us on Twitter: @PatTillmanFnd 2016 TILLMAN SCHOLARS APPLICATION NOW OPEN 2016 Class of Tillman Scholars to be named in June Chicago, IL (February 2, 2016) – The Pat Tillman Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of the annual application process […]Read More
NFL EXTRA POINTS CREDIT CARD PARTNERS WITH PAT TILLMAN FOUNDATION AHEAD OF SUPER BOWL 50 TICKET GIVEAWAY
San Francisco Bay Area (Feb. 2, 2016) – NFL Extra Points Credit Card issued by Barclaycard, the card that rewards NFL fans, will be in the San Francisco Bay Area for Super Bowl 50 giving football fans daily chances to win Super Bowl tickets, Super Bowl experiences and more February 3 – 5, 2016. NFL Extra Points will […]Read More
SNF Announces Three Grants Totaling $500,000 to Support U.S. Veterans Initiatives, Including Pat Tillman Foundation
The Board of Directors of the SNF announced today three new grants, totaling $500,000, to support initiatives that assist U.S. veterans. The grants will be awarded to the Pat Tillman Foundation, the Warrior-Scholar Project, and Outward Bound, and aim to fund a number of different programs that serve U.S. veterans and assist them in their […]Read More
TEMPE, Ariz. – Arizona State University, the Pat Tillman Foundation, and adidas today unveiled the Sun Devils’ new PT-42 Primeknit alternate football uniforms. Designed in collaboration with Sun Devil Athletics, Marie Tillman and the Pat Tillman Foundation, the special edition uniform pays tribute to the U.S. military and its debut will kick off Arizona State University’s […]Read More